Monday, December 20, 2010

Please allow me to introduce myself

Hi I'm Jack and welcome to my little corner of the web. After a few years of scouring the net for good blogs and finding both good and bad ones I decided to see if I could write the greatest, or worst, blog in internet history. The main content of the blog will have to do with World of Warcraft, a massively multiplayer online roleplaying game(MMORPG), and my adventures in the imaginary world of azeroth. If this is your bag baby then hit me after the break for some more info. If not well keep reading anyway. I'm funny and loveable... well at least that's what the ol' wifey tells me. Bah...


That hard hitting first paragraph drew you in eh?

Well good.

Have a seat and lets chat a bit.

I consider myself to be a "casual raider." In order to further understand my perspective I'll define it as I see it. I do my best to follow Elitist Jerks spec advice, gem appropriately, get all the best enchants and read up on/watch Tankspot videos of the latest boss fights. I also have a life. I'm married with a full time job in the IT industry and have a little one on the way so I can't devote all of my spare time to WoW. I mean seriously... pregnant wife's gotta be fed, work has to be done around the house, and there's always a bench full o' computers to be fixed at work. My time is precious and therefore I have to get the most "bang for my buck" out of WoW.

So you're asking yourself; "Is this going to be a blog about saving time in WoW?" Maybe. I honestly don't really know at this point. What I hope to do is provide a resource for folks who are in the same boat as me. People who love the game but don't have all the time in the world to dedicate to becoming "leet". I've been playing the game since drop and, although I have taken a couple of sabbaticals, have maxxed out a bunch of different classes(that's right I said maxxed... it's to the eXtreme yo).

I'm currently in the process of levelling my small alt army and prepping my ele/resto shammy for raids. I have an 85 Shaman(My Main), 83 Druid, 80 Death Knight, 80 Hunter, and a 75 Mage. Any of my smaller alts aren't really worth mentioning yet but I'm pretty close to having half of the classes in the game covered. Mostly to create my own crafting empire, muwahahahahahahahahahaha... okay sorry... got a little carried away there. If my experiences can be of any help to you, then I'm a happy Night Dwanhumei Shamdrulock Knight.

I like bullet points so I'm going to use some here. A few of the topics I hope to cover in this blog are:

  • Specs for end-game instancing/raiding
  • UI Customization and Addons
  • Lots of Shaman stuff
  • Some stuff on other classes
  • Crafting
  • How to make the most out of your time in Azeroth.
I hope you like this little intro and I look forward to writing more as time goes on. I don't promise to always be 100% accurate or mistake free but I do promise to be entertaining and present information to the best of my ability.

edit:
Yes there are ads on the blog. If I can buy another bag of diapers for the runt on the way or buy a sammich with blog-money then I'm all about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts